Which career pathways match your interests?
Every student, no matter what their post-secondary plans are, can benefit by selecting and following a sequence of career related classes designed for their area of interest.
- A Pathway is a sequence of courses within your area of interest.
- A Pathway will connect your career interests from high school to college and/or career.
- A Pathway is your educational road map guiding you to the high school courses and post-secondary options most relevant to your chosen career destination.
- A Pathway will help you acquire the depth of knowledge and skill linked with specific post-secondary programs that will lead to a certificate or degree and/or career.
“How does a person know what career to work toward? There is no perfect answer, but the following tips will get you off to a good start”.
Get to know yourself
Identify your strengths and weaknesses – What do you do well and what do you not do well?
Develop an inventory of careers – Write down some careers that might interest you.
Research different careers – Talk to others and use the Internet (Post career info on our website)
Write the pros and cons – List positives and negatives about the careers that interest you.
Network – Discuss your ideas with others.
Talk with people who work in your area of interest – Family and friends are great resources.
Find a mentor – Find someone with whom you can discuss your career selection.
Experiment – Take a related class or part time Job over the holidays
Don’t give up – “If there is a will, there is a way.
Different Career Paths
- Agriculture, Science & Natural Resources
- Art, Media, Communications & Design
- Building & Construction Trades
- Business, Management & Finance
- Education, Social & Health Services
- Engineering, Science & Technology